Hello Book Lovers!!!
Death cast didn’t call you because, you’re not suppose to die today!!!
How exactly will you feel if your life is based on an app that tells you exactly when you have to say goodbye to the whole world??? When I come to think about it, it stresses me out. It becomes a such a pressure. My first ever Adam Silvera book was a blast! I was completely clueless about the story, except for the fact that it discusses about death. Saw the hype among fellow bookaholics and thought I should give it a go. I got the Kindle book through Amazon, since it is not available in my country. Trust me! It was totally worth it.
Author : Adam Silvera
Genre : YA, Contemporary
Pages : Hardcover, 368
Published : September 5th 2017 by HarperTeen
On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.
Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day. (from Goodreads)
Two complete strangers Mateo and Rufus, both of whom gets the call from Death cast by saying that, they will die within the next 24 hours. They both decides to find a last moment friend via the last friend app. From there onwards we see how each of them react to death and how they accept it. Not only the main characters, we also see some minor characters that connects to the story. These are some facts that I found interesting in the story;
- The concept of the story is unique and I was hooked to the story from the start till the end.
- The story discussed about life, death, emotions. Overall it talks about living your life to the fullest and gathering moments.
- The two characters Mateo and Rufus was amazing and I simply loved the bond that was created between them, in the background of knowing each other for less than 24 hours.
- The setting of the story bewildered me. The concepts created around the death cast was great. Eg : Last friend app, places to hang out for al the deckers etc.
- The careful manner in which the characters are crafted was wonderful.
Overall I can say that it is a heart warming as well as heart breaking story. Adam Silvera has done an amazing job in creating this story and its atmosphere. It brought tears in to my eyes and I felt completely emotional to read the story. Excellent and well written!!! Trust me, I am looking forward to read more from Adam Silvera.
“Leaving means living before you die”
Until next post,