It is a lovely, warm and sunny Saturday here in Sri Lanka. And I have nothing specially to do but to sit back and relax. The best way to spend my day is to enjoy a wonderful Mystery book.
I would like to thank the author, lovely Jill Orr for sending me the eARC of the book in exchange for an honest review. Normally I am not that person who reads many mystery books. But trust me once I started this one, I could not put it down. I was disparately wanting to know, what will happen next. Sorry, I talk too much!!!
The book is the second one in a series and it is The Bad Break by Jill Orr.
Riley’s back—and boy, is she busy!
Riley Ellison has taken a great leap of faith by giving up her comfortable job at the Tuttle Corner library for the exciting world of print journalism. Except that so far it hasn’t been very exciting. All that changes when Riley’s former co-worker Tabitha finds her soon-to-be father-in-law dead on the floor of his office, and Riley is asked to write his obituary. And when they discover Tabitha’s fiancé’s knife sticking out of his father’s chest, Riley finds herself with a murder investigation to cover as well.
As I mentioned earlier, I am not much into the Mystery genre. But I fell in love with this book. The main female character or we can simply call her the heroin of the story, Riley is the reason behind it. Here are some interesting things that I found bout the book;
- Riley, the super woman of the story is wonderful. I love her for who she is and her undying efforts and hard work towards achieving her goal.
- The supporting characters are pretty much behind the success of the story.
- The rural community, Tuttle County makes a perfect atmosphere for the story and I fell in love with the place.
- I loved the bond between Riley and her parents as well as her dead Grandfather. (This is completely similar to my own situation and she spoke to my heart there)
- The encouragement and trust that Holman has on her is amazing.
- Honestly I did not like Riley’s boyfriend Jay at first, but at the latter part I felt that he was OK.
- The plot was amazingly created and all the characters were connected to the scene in one way or the other.
- The end was the best part, where all the pieces of the puzzle fall in to place and the mysteries are being solved.
- The humor is created through the emails sent by Riley, through out the story, with her heart spoken out to Jenna – the personal success concierge.
- It has a uniqueness of its own in the Mystery genre.
These are the reasons behind my saying that it is indeed an amazing mystery story. Now I really want to read the 1st Book of the series.
(5/5) Tremendous, I like it very much
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves Mystery.
The book will be released on the 3rd of April, 2018
You can Pre Order the book by clicking here
For more details visit Jill Orr’s website
About Jill Orr
JILL ORR holds a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and a master’s degree is Social Work, both from the University of Missouri. Orr lives in Columbia, Missouri, with her husband and two children. THE GOOD BYLINE is her first novel and was released in 2017 from Prospect Park Books. THE BAD BREAK, book two in the Riley Ellison mystery series, will launch on April 3, 2018. Book three in the series (as yet untitled but taking suggestions!) will be out in spring 2019.
I hope you enjoy! and don’t forget to read this amazing Book.
Until next post,