Today I am here with my first book review for the month of June. I am so glad that I purchased this book via Amazon, because it was superb.
Mia James almost had it all…
At thirty, she was a successful photographer with the craziest but most loyal friends in the world and a wonderful life in a picturesque village. The only things missing were a husband and a brood of kids. Love happens when you least expect it, her mom always said.
An appointment to show her photography portfolio brought her front and center with Jack Barnes, a gorgeous, successful Manhattan businessman. Mia was smitten, and they married less than a year later. Unfortunately, the marital bliss she craved never showed up.
Jack, the controlling absentee husband, had a secret: someone else was occupying his mind and bed. Mia had no idea until a chance sighting revealed the real Jack with his mystery woman.
Payback was definitely in order and way overdue. With a little help from her friends and a lot of Merlot, Mia was on a mission to take Jack down.
This was my very first book by Bria Marche, and it is definitely not the last. It was such fun to read. The story is about Mia, and her family life which is not the least successful. She tries hard to get the attention of her husband, which is a total waste. She finds out that, her husband Jack is in love with another woman, named Sasha. With the help of her friends and Jack’s ex-wife, Karen, Mia is able to unveil the truth and get her payback.
It was so much fun to read and it took me only two days to complete it. The important characteristics I found in the story, are as follows;
- The story was wonderful and super exciting. I was totally hooked to it and even reading while I was eating. 😉
- The plot was extremely successful, including the characters. All characters were well constructed and it was the success of the story as a whole.
- There are two favorite characters – Mia and Aaron. I love Mia for being a simple person who loves and cares for her husband, craves for a little bit of attention. Aaron is the type of guy, that every girl would dream of. It is so heart touching to see the way he loves Mia, no matter what she says.
- The supporting characters did a great job. That includes Mia’s friends, Vic and Tina, Jack’s ex-wife Karen.
- I hated every bit of Jack, for being a total liar. If I put it in another way, Bria is successful in constructing the character.
- The story is full of humor, love and calamities. That is the exact reason, why I loved the story very much.
- Friendship is another important fact that is highlighted in the story. New friendships are created, understanding and caring is being built among the all the female characters.
- Overall it was a lovely and wonderful story that really took my heart.
(5/5) Tremendous, I like it very much
Like Sisters Romantic Comedy Series:
#1 Payback and a Bottle of Merlot
#2 Insecurity and a Bottle of Merlot
#3 Destiny and a Bottle of Merlot
#4 Intrigue and a Bottle of Merlot
#5 Desire and a Bottle of Merlot
Looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series
I hope you enjoyed the review.
Until next post,