It is a rainy Thursday here in Sri Lanka. The weather is terrible and going to school has to be considered a task that needs extra effort. I was able to complete another book and thought of doing a review before I forget about it 🙂
First of all, I would like to thank the author, Regina Timothy for sending me free digital copy of the book, in exchange for an honest review. I consider my self as privileged, to have been read this amazing story.
Eight years after the 9/11 attacks, Samia-Al-Sayyid an Iraqi immigrant is living a quiet life in New York City after she fled her home to avoid imminent death.
She works hard for her cold, heartless, high-strung boss, loves her seventeen-years-old-son, and cherishes the close friendship she has formed with her best friend Susan.
Nothing can go wrong, or so she thinks – until the estranged brother she left back in Iraqi shows up on her door step. Then she finds herself in a cab, on her way to the hospital to identify her son, a terror suspect who has blown the city, and with it her boss’ husband, and her best friend’s son. With everything lost, she is forced to flee to Iraq where she confronts her past. Will she make peace with her past? Can she get forgiveness for all the damage she has caused?
The story is about a woman named, Samia, who is an Iraqi immigrant that lives in America, with her seventeen year old son. She works for Melissa, a cold-hearted woman and has a close friendship with her friend Susan. Her world turns upside down when her brother meets her in America ad threatens her to make her pay for ruining his life back in Iraq.
It was a heart touching story and there are some special characteristics that I found which I will list below;
- The story was heart touching. The readers are totally hooked to the story until the end.
- Story talks about many deep aspects of life, such as a mother’s love and affection, true friendship, hardships and humanity.
- Discusses about the unknown, harsh truth of some people’s lives and it is indeed really difficult to believe and accept that such cruelty takes place in the world.
- Samia is a strong woman who builds up her new life in the USA with scratch and her own will power. She is the type of mum, everyone would wish for. Her love for Aazim is immense and it highlights the true love of a mother no matter what cast, creed, color, country or culture you belong to. She is the main and my favorite character in the story (as you might have guessed)
- Emotions of all the characters are well described and the characters are well constructed and inter-connected. I think that is the main reason behind the success of the story.
- It gave me an idea on how exactly you feel to be a victim of abuse and how important it is to regain and rebuild your life with great self motivation.
- Actually, I am not a huge fan of Contemporary Books like this, but trust me I was totally attached, into the story from the start till the end.
- Overall, this is a wonderful heart touching story about humanity.
I really enjoyed this book and once again thank the author, for sending me a digital copy of the book. I was immensely pleased to have been read it.
Tremendous, I like it very much
Will I recommend this Book?
A big YES!!! I highly recommend this book. I think everyone should read and be wel aware of the harsh and bitter truth of some people’s lives.
I hope you enjoyed!
Until next post,