It’s a lovely Wednesday and I was able to complete yet another book. It is non other than Me Before you by Jojo Moyes. So, here is my review.
I was trying to get a hold of Jojo Moyes books but did not get the opportunity. Finally few weeks back, I got this amazing book from the library. This was my first ever Moyes book and definitely, not thee last.
Louisa Clark is an ordinary young woman living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has never been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair-bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is.
Will is acerbic, moody, bossy—but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.
Being the first ever Moyes book, I must say, that I enjoyed it very much. It was a hit. The story is about Will Traynor and Louisa Clark. Will is an ex-master of a company, an outgoing, adventurous young man who has met with an accident and is now wheelchair bound. Louisa is desperately looking for a job and she accepts the job as the carer for Will.
At first they seems not to be getting on very well with each other but, with the pass of time , they create a stronger bond with each other. Will’s happiness becomes more important to Lou, than her own. She creates plans and takes him on adventures. After getting to know that Will is about to end his own life Lou puts her fullest effort to change his mind, but I the end things take a turn.
As I normally do, I found some special characteristics about the story;
- I simply loved the female protagonist, Lou and the male protagonist Will. Both characters were written clearly well to, speak to the hearts of the reader.
- The interaction between the two main characters were truly wonderful. Sometimes, it was full of emotions, while at certain times it was hilarious and romantic.
- All the others supporting characters were constructed well and they were written in such a way that helps to support the main two characters. Which I think is the reason behind the success of the story.
- The story was amazingly written and I loved it from the start till the end. It was romantic and the latter part touched my heart. The story actually made me cry after reading it.
- But, the ending of the story was not what I expected. I really thought things would turn out to be better between Lou and Will, but it ends with Will taking away his life.
- What I understood from this story is that, making a person you love, happy is also about breaking the heart. Will was given the best six months of his life by the love and kindness of Lou and in the end, Lou’s life is turned out the reach for the best that she could not afford during the years that passed on.
- The story conveys us a deeper meaning about life. No matter how hard life turns out to be, living your life to the fullest I the best way to face it. (this is how I feel)
- Hilarious, romantic and heartbreaking story by JoJo Moyes. A book that has been well written to speak to the hearts of the readers.
Now I am actually looking forward to reading the rest of the books by JoJo Moyes. I highly recommend this book to anyone who simply loves to read a bit of romance with a twist of heart break. Trust me, it is totally worth reading.
(5/5) Tremendous, I like it very much!
Hope you enjoyed!
Until next post,