First I would like to thank the author, Ricardo Alexander for sending me a digital copy of the book, in exchange for an honest review. It was truly an amazing story, and I am so glad I chose to read it.
A fantasy novel about a modern-day American boy who wakes up in 1958 India as the reincarnation of John Lennon ( Book trailer https://youtu.be/CUN5Md-tXJk )
Bollywood Invasion opens when the protagonist, a sixteen-years-old boy from Brooklyn, finds himself with riches and power beyond his wildest fantasies in India, thirty-five years before he was born.
Brooklyn is readily forgotten. Life becomes a constant stream of debauchery, coming to a stand-still only when he meets “the one.” However, love doesn’t come easy. He must become a better man, a pursuit ignited by his memories of Beatles songs on his iPod.
Will these legendary songs change his life?
Can he escape Lennon’s eventual tragic fate?
His fate will unfold in Bollywood Invasion. (from Goodreads)
As I mentioned earlier, I am so glad that I got the opportunity to read this book. It was a totally unique story. The key characteristics that I found, are as follows;
- The story is about the future meeting with the past.
- We meet our protagonist, John a sixteen year old college student in Brooklyn, who wakes up one day as Raj, to find wealth and power beyond his wildest dreams, but back in time, 35 years, in India.
- Beatles being his favorite band, he re-creates the band as an Indian version. His attempts to bring the band to the top, becomes a hideous task, but despite the challenges, he achieves his goals.
- The story was amazing and unique, which I think is the reason behind the success of the story.
- The characters were created well, which allows the story to flow in a methodical way.
- Reading the made me feel and imagine, like I was watching a Bollywood movie. You can feel the story, unwinding in front of your eyes.
- The cultural aspects and life styles of each country adds color to the story.
- The story is filled with passion, courage, love and humor but ends with tragedy.
- The latter part of the story must be discussed. The way the past re connects with the present is unbelievable. It simply made me say wow!!!!
- Overall, intriguing story with a unique plot.
It was an amazing story and would highly recommend it.
I hope you enjoyed!
Until next post,