It is Sataurday, and I am back with Saturday Evening tea with Book Lover.
It’s been a while since I was able to do a discussion topic. But, finally I got the opportunity and here I am.
So, let us discuss about todays topic over a hot cup of tea.
Today, I thought of discussing about physical books vs. eBooks. Let us go deeper into the topic, by considering both, the pros and cons of each side.
Physical Books – Pros
- Physical books smells amazing.
- You can simply display them in your shelf.
- The feeling when you buy and read a physical copy of a book, is only understandable to a true book addict.
- Does not have a battery life or technical problems.
- No wi-fi is requried.
Physical Books – Cons
- Sometimes it become really hard to carry them, anywhere that we go, due to the size and number of pages.
- Physical books van get easily damaged, crumpled edges and pages.
- Spine breaks, which happens a lot.
- You cannot purchase a book, at any time of the day.
- Availability of books. Sometimes it becomes specifically difficult me to find newly released books.
EBooks – Pros
- You do not have to bother about carrying your ebooks, and it takes leass space. EBooks have made travelling totally easy, since you can carry your whole ebook library wherever you go.
- No damages to the pages or the book.
- Can be purchsed at anytime and anywhere.
- Does not take up any storage space.
- Has many features such as read-aloud, dictionary etc.
- Easy to access, newly released books.
- The ability to make notes on the ebook, without damaging.
- Makes reading faster.
EBooks – Cons
- If there is no wi-fi or battery, you simply have no ebooks.
- Technical problems
- No smell or you don’t get the real feeling of holding a physical book.
These are the facts that came into my mind. While enjoying your cup of tea, do mot forget to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.
Hope you enjoyed!
Until next post,