I am here with a another wonderful book review on this beautiful Sunday.
First I would like to thank the author, Jaka Tomc for sending me a copy of the eBook in exchange for an honest review.
720 Heartbeats by Jaka Tomc
What would you do if you knew your future?
What would you do if you knew there were more of you?
Time is not linear. There is more than one reality.
Rok Kopitar is a detective, working on a drug trafficking case in Central Europe. One day, he discovers a file on his computer. A diary. It tells him the future. His future.
Knowledge is power. Or is it? (from Goodreads)
Before I start my review, I would like to ask one question from all of you. What would you do if your future self started to tell you about what I going to happen to you in the coming days???
It sounds pretty creepy doesn’t it?
This is one of those very rare books that really got me carried away and wanted to finish it off, just to see what would be the story.
Well, I was totally impressed. It was a book that gave me a wow!!! feeling.
We meet the male protagonist of the story, Rok Kopitar, a detective who is investigating on a drug trafficking case. He lives in an apartment with his partner Sara, which he finds totally impressive. His life goes on as it is, of an average guy, until one day. He finds a finds his stolen laptop back in his house. In it he finds a mysterious file, that allows him to read about his future. That puts his whole life in turmoil.
There are some important and impressive aspects that I found in this wonderful story;
- The setting – I just loved the Central European setting, the detective head quarters. It mad me imagine about a busy detective office, tables filled with documents, bulletin boards with maps and photographs, the aroma of coffee etc.
- The Characters – Rok Kopitar, is a kind-hearted, hard-working person, and I love the way he considers and worries about his partner and best friend, Boris. He is a man of knowledge and finds it important. His partner, Sara, I think is a woman who every man would ever wish for. She is loving, kind and well understanding person, which I think makes their relationship to flourish.
- The story was incredible. The whole idea of this story is extraordinary.
- The true ability of the author, makes the reader devoted to the story. (The way I was). You really want to know, what will happen next and it keeps you glued to the book, till the end.
- Such an interesting and quick read, that makes me recommend this book to the whole blogosphere.
Tremendous, I like it very much
I hope enjoyed it!!!
Until next post,