Welcome to another beautiful Sunday and I am here with another book review. First I must thank the author, Brent Williams for sending me a Digital copy of the book. in exchange for an honest review.
It was such an amazing book, and fun to read. I must say, that this is my very first graphic novel that I received, to be reviewed. So, I was super excited about the whole thing.
This is what I have got for you;
Out Of The Woods
2018 Benjamin Franklin Award Winner – Self-Help Category
Out of the Woods is a book to help people understand and overcome depression and anxiety. It is the author’s own story told entirely through 700 beautifully hand drawn watercolor illustrations. It is an immensely practical guide for sufferers, their loved ones, and professionals working in the area too. The book’s graphic memoir format blends a compelling personal story with the latest medical research – ideal for people who are in the depths of depression and struggling to read and take on board information. The book doesn’t pretend there is a quick way out of these illnesses and instead encourages people to make small steps to slowly build their own lasting recoveries. This is an inspiring story that will give vital information and hope to many people. (from Goodreads)
As I mentioned earlier, this is my very first graphic novel, and I found these amazing special characteristics about the book;
- The book discusses such an important aspect that prevail in our society.
- The author and the illustrator, both have done a tremendous job in putting up the story together in a very creative manner, using words and pictures.
- Even though there were a very limited number of words in the story, the graphics had the potential to speak to the hearts of the reader.
- Beautifully illustrated, colorful pictures with clear-cut words, which can be described as a perfect combination for a graphic novel.
- As I mentioned before, the story speaks about a major topic that can have a huge impact in our lives, Anxiety and depression.
- The author and the illustrator takes the reader on a journey, of the life of a person, who is severely suffering with Depression.
- I felt that this book is a good guide to each and every one of us, to get ourselves educated on Depression OR if you are already suffering from depression, this is the ideal hand book to face it.
- The book gives the reader the opportunity to understand about dealing with depression and facing life. Motivates and stimulates people to be more positive and get up as a much stronger person.
- I feel that the author and the illustrator has done a phenomenal job in creating a perfect graphic novel, that carries an enormous message to the society.
- Would highly recommend this book each and every one of you, wonderful readers to make yourself educated about this topic.
(5/5) Tremendous, I like it very much
That is it for today folks! I hope you enjoyed
Until next post,