Foe today’s book review, I thank the author, Krysten Lindsay Hager for sending me a free copy of the ebook, in exchange for a honest review. I read the first book of this series and fell in love with the story, so when Krysten emailed me to ask, if I could read and review the second book, I was more than happy to do it.
You can read my review of the first book of the series by simply clicking here
Without further a do, let us head into the review.
Cecily wants a big life, but can she handle it?
Cecily feels like she has it all: great best friends, the beginnings of a career as a model/actress, and she’s dating her favorite singer, Andrew Holiday. Then Cecily’s best friend Lila begins to ditch her every time Lila’s boyfriend calls. Cecily feels lost, but she and Andrew begin connecting more and she’s never been in a relationship where she felt so understood. Andrew even begins to confide in her about his anxiety. Soon Cecily experiences her own anxiety on a magazine photo shoot, but she manages to impress the magazine staff. Just when it seems like all her dreams are coming true, everything comes crashing down when a photo of Andrew with another girl appears online. He swears nothing happened, but Cecily is crushed. She feels like she’s lost two of the people closest to her.
Was her perfect relationship real or was she in over her head?
As I mentioned before, I have read the very first book of this series. Therefore I did not hesitate to read the second one. This is what made me the book so special to me;
- The Characters – Specially the character of Andrew, made me want him as my boyfriend 🙂 😉 He is understanding and he is the type of boyfriend, every girl wishes for.
- The story deal with a few deep topics, such as anxiety, dealing with anxiety and relationships at a deeper level.
- Completely romantic and cute, full of love and drama.
- Speaks to the hearts of the reader, I feel specially to the young once (not forgetting not so young once, like myself 🙂 )
- The book can be called as a clean young adult book.
- It is well related with the first book, but it can be read as a stand alone too.
I told Krysten, that I will need more time to read this book, since my schedule is way too busy, but here I am finished reading the book in a couple of days. It was that nice and sweet. Helped me to forget some problems that I was facing, and allowed me to get myself buried in the cute love story of Cecily and Andrew.